Planit:What is the Safety Deposit Box
This is a facility to store documents you have created for a client permanently. The process to save a document from the “Your Processed Documents” window to the Safety Deposit box is as follows:
- Highlight the document you wish to save to the Safety Deposit Box from the Your Processed Documents Window (IPS is highlighted here).
- On the “Save” line provide a unique name for your document. For example it might be IPS Smith Sept 27 2005.
- Click on the “Save” button.
- You’ll receive a message advising that your document has been “Successfully Added” to the Safety Deposit Box.
- You’ll now be able to retrieve this document from the Safety Deposit Box Screen.
Safety Deposit Box (Saving Edited Documents from Your Workstation)
To save an edited document that you have already saved to your own computer, you must go into the Safety Deposit Box Screen, which is accessed, from the Home page. Once on this screen, you’ll do the following:
- Click on “Upload”
- That will open a window that contains a “Browse” button.
- Click on the Browse Button. This will open a Windows Explorer window where you can select your directory and file.
- Select your file and click on “Open”.
- This will bring you back to the screen where you saw the browse button above.
- You’ll fill in the “Save As” field with a unique file name and click on Upload.
- Your file will be saved to the Safety Deposit box.
Here’s what you’ll see when you go into the Safety Deposit box and click the “Search” link. It will bring up a list of all documents you have saved. In this example, the first document was an IPS that was saved from the “Your Processed Documents” window. The Mike and Martha Smith IPS Presentation is now up-loaded from a local workstation. You have the option to select one of your documents by selecting the radio button and then hitting download to view or save.